The annual Innovate for WASH Forum was held between 26th and 29 October at the Sandies Tropical Village in Malindi. The event attracted over 200 participants and was graced by the presence of the Governor and Deputy Governor of Kilifi, H.E. Gideon Mung’aro and Hon. Flora Chibule respectively.
Participants from different organizations met to share innovative ideas and solutions to meet locally set targets on WASH and the UN Sustainable Development Goal of ensuring access of clean water and sanitation to the masses. The topics under discussion were: –
- Nature based solutions in WASH
- Solarization Programs/Clean & Sustainable Energy Solutions (Green Energy)
- Water Harvesting Solutions
- Enterprise creation within WASH
- Sanitation technologies and solutions
- Innovative finance for sustainable WASH systems
- Gender mainstreaming in WASH including menstrual hygiene
The Kenya Innovative Finance Facility for Water (KIFFWA) was represented by our Investment Officer Mr. Clement Wandera, who made a presentation on “Resolving the Water-Climate Crisis through Enduring Partnerships”. KIFFWA has made considerable contribution by investing in commercially viable, climate-resilient, and sustainable water projects. With a portfolio of 14 projects in Kenya valued at over 200 million euros, KIFFWA is positively impacting various water sub-sectors including water transport, sanitation and hygiene, multi-sector, irrigation, integrated water resource management, hydro-power projects and drinking water.